Worship & Spirituality
Shabbat Evening Services
Shabbat services every Friday night (Kabbalat Shabbat) are “alive” with song and joyful prayer. Each service is followed by an Oneg Shabbat (refreshments and schmoozing). Every week our Friday night service brings something new and exciting to our congregation:
- Family Service (1st Friday Night of the Month – 7:30 PM)
- A joyful family worship experience. A story is shared, and children celebrating a birthday that month ascend the bimah to be acknowledged and receive a treat. Israeli Dancing follows this fun and family friendly service.
- Shabbat Fusion (2nd Friday Night of the Month – 6:45 PM)
- An informal one-hour service in the round that fuses music and spirituality.
- “Every Third Shabbat” (3rd Friday Night of the Month – 8:15 PM)
- A unique, creative and engaging musical Shabbat experience. Whether it is Jazz, Rock-n-Roll, Israeli, African, or Bluegrass, these services, composed and arranged by our own Hazzan Stein, bring a new sound and energy to our ancient prayers.
- The New Shabbat Service or Shabbat Live! (4th Friday Night of the Month – 8:15 PM)
- The New Shabbat Service features percussion and spirited singing with a Middle Eastern twist. Close your eyes and pray as you are taken on a Shabbat journey through the sands of time. Shabbat Live! is a music-infused service with percussion and guitar led by Hazzan Mimi Haselkorn.
- Hazzan’s Choice (5th Shabbat of the month, when occurs – 8:15 PM)
- The name says it all. This service is fun and quirky and includes a potpourri of music/tunes from different services and backgrounds.
- Shabbat Live in Agoura/Conejo (7:30 PM)
- Join us throughout the year for a special lively service that we host in Agoura/Conejo Valley for the convenience and benefit of our Agoura/Conejo community. For more information, contact David Brook at firstname.lastname@example.org.