Worship & Spirituality
Shabbat Evening Services
Shabbat services every Friday night (Kabbalat Shabbat) are “alive” with song and joyful prayer. Each service is followed by an Oneg Shabbat (refreshments and schmoozing). Every week our Friday night service brings something new and exciting to our congregation:
- Family Service (1st Friday Night of the Month – 7:30 PM)
- A joyful family worship experience. A story is shared, and children celebrating a birthday that month ascend the bimah to be acknowledged and receive a treat. Israeli Dancing follows this fun and family friendly service.
- Young Family Fusion and Shabbat Fusion (2nd Friday Night of the Month – 6:00 PM and 6:45 PM)
- An informal one-hour service in the round that fuses music and spirituality. Young Family Fusion, offered during the school year, is for pre-school age children and their parents where children get to be children and parents get to pray. A bring-your-own picnic precedes the Young Family Fusion service. Shabbat Fusion is for everyone.
- “Every Third Shabbat” (3rd Friday Night of the Month – 8:15 PM)
- A unique, creative and engaging musical Shabbat experience. Whether it is Jazz, Rock-n-Roll, Israeli, African, or Bluegrass, these services, composed and arranged by our own Hazzan Stein, bring a new sound and energy to our ancient prayers.
- The New Shabbat Service (4th Friday Night of the Month – 8:15 PM) or Klezmer/Choir Shabbat
- The Klezmer/Choir Service features our own Klezmer Band and Mizmor Shir Adult Choir. Violin, clarinet and accordion blend the Eastern European sound of klezmer with the beautiful voices of our choir. The New Shabbat Service features percussion and spirited singing with a Middle Eastern twist. Close your eyes and pray as you are taken on a Shabbat journey through the sands of time.
- Shabbat Live! (5th Shabbat of the month, when occurs – 8:15 PM)
- Piano, guitar, hand drum and joyful singing make this musical service spiritually uplifting and meaningful.
- Agoura/Conejo Shabbat Services (7:30 PM)
- Join us bi-monthly for a special lively service that we host in Agoura/Conejo Valley for the convenience and benefit of our Agoura/Conejo community. For more information, contact David Brook at email@example.com.