Shabbat Evening Services
Shabbat services every Friday night (Kabbalat Shabbat) are “alive” with song and joyful prayer. Each service is followed by an Oneg Shabbat (refreshments and schmoozing). Every week our Friday night service brings something new and exciting to our congregation.
- Family Service (1st Friday Night of the Month – 7:30 PM)
- A joyful family worship experience. A story is shared, and children celebrating a birthday that month ascend the bimah to be acknowledged and receive a treat. Israeli Dancing follows this fun and family friendly service.
- Shabbat Fusion Service (2nd Friday Night of the Month – 6:45 PM)
- An informal one-hour service in the round that fuses music and spirituality.
- “Every Third Shabbat” Service (3rd Friday Night of the Month – 8:15 PM)
- A unique, creative and engaging musical Shabbat experience. Whether it is Jazz, Rock-n-Roll, Israeli, African, or Bluegrass, these services, composed and arranged by our own Hazzan Stein, bring a new sound and energy to our ancient prayers.
- Ma’alot: Rise Up! Shabbat Service (4th Friday Night of the Month – 6:00 PM)
- A new experimental, inclusive Shabbat service led by Rabbi Gabriel Botnicj on the fourth Friday of the month is designed to help us reach new spiritual heights. Socializing and wine at 6:00 pm, followed by the service at 6:30 pm, concluding with an Oneg Shabbat at 7:30 pm.
- Klezmer Shabbat with Kolot Tikvah Choir (5th Shabbat of the month, when occurs – 8:15 PM)
- Kolot Tikvah (part of the OurSpace program) is a dynamic musical troupe of teens and young adults with special needs who lead our Shabbat service. Their energy and joy is matched up with Shir Delight, Temple Aliyah’s Klezmer orchestra. Klezmer is driving instrumental and vocal music from the Eastern Europe tradition. This Shabbat is full of energy and unbridled joy– just the way Shabbat is meant to be!
- Shabbat Live in Agoura/Conejo (7:30 PM)
- Join us throughout the year for a special lively service that we host in Agoura/Conejo Valley for the convenience and benefit of our Agoura/Conejo community. For more information, contact David Brook at email@example.com.